summer scouting

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Re: summer scouting

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:40 am

Thanks for continuing to add helpful material through the summer. Videos like this are good reminders to do your homework.

I went scouting today. Found decent tracks and a solo bed. Good stuff!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:23 pm

Dan do you have a couple bucks you will be pursuing, or are you going to be finding one this summer?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:25 pm

mipubbucks24 wrote:Dan do you have a couple bucks you will be pursuing, or are you going to be finding one this summer?

The answer is pretty much always both... I always have unfinished business, but always keep my options open. No such thing as to many targets. I may concentrate on a certain buck or two, but having a back up plan and always keeping an eye out for bigger and better or for future seasons is not a bad idea. My options as of lately have been dwindling.

I no longer hunt the conservancy because of the morals, ethics, and actions of one of the people involved, and am on the verge of loosing Daves farm, and at the same time pressure has really picked up in my area on the public, and a lot of the public land I used to hunt has been sold to private land owners and a lot of public land DNR leases have been discontinued... So, it means more work on my end, and more traveling farther away from home.
dannyboy

Unread postby dannyboy » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:51 am

dan wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:Dan do you have a couple bucks you will be pursuing, or are you going to be finding one this summer?

The answer is pretty much always both... I always have unfinished business, but always keep my options open. No such thing as to many targets. I may concentrate on a certain buck or two, but having a back up plan and always keeping an eye out for bigger and better or for future seasons is not a bad idea. My options as of lately have been dwindling.

I no longer hunt the conservancy because of the morals, ethics, and actions of one of the people involved, and am on the verge of loosing Daves farm, and at the same time pressure has really picked up in my area on the public, and a lot of the public land I used to hunt has been sold to private land owners and a lot of public land DNR leases have been discontinued... So, it means more work on my end, and more traveling farther away from home.

I can relate Dan. It seems to be getting harder to find good hunting opportunities. Does that deter you or diminish your desire or want to. How do you deal with that
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:56 am

dannyboy wrote:
dan wrote:

I can relate Dan. It seems to be getting harder to find good hunting opportunities. Does that deter you or diminish your desire or want to. How do you deal with that

I work harder knowing im going to have a tougher time... I have noticed tje more my back is against the wall, the better I seem to perform

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”