Do you guys think im on the right track

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowguy26_92
Facebook: Dragon2football@yahoo.com

Do you guys think im on the right track

Unread postby Bowguy26_92 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:07 am

I have hunted this property q couple times this year and have had little success thus far. Now that the time has changed it limits me to mainly hunting here after work. I have a couple maps attached and would like some input from you guys thats good at online scouting to give me recommendations as to where I might get into some action any help would be appreciated.
Sc115006_CalTopo.jpg
Screenshot_20221113-115006_CalTopo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NorthStar
500 Club

Re: Do you guys think im on the right track

Unread postby NorthStar » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:14 am

If I had to hit this property blind and during rut, I would personally be focused on hunting the creek/river bottom. Especially if this area sees good pressure. How deep is the water? Is it easy for you to cross? I would look for spots on this river where deer seem to be crossing frequently and set up on it. Rivers are great pinch points during rut.

Another thing I would look at is hunter access. Is there only one parking lot for this property? If so, crossing that river(depending how difficult it is to cross) can put you in the game quick! If you don't have waders, pack large trash can bags and wear those around your legs to stay dry when crossing.
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”