Do you think this is a bed?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MIsteelworker

Do you think this is a bed?

Unread postby MIsteelworker » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:49 am

As I’m sitting in my stand looking around I see a rub maybe 15ft away from me. Right in front of that is a slight depression up against a log I tried to take the best picture I could but its not the best. The more I stare at it the more I think it’s a early season bed, it’s a the top of a small hill at the base of where 3 small draws meet and below that is a small swampy pond. Would this be what I think it is or am I just over thinking this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NorthStar
500 Club

Re: Do you think this is a bed?

Unread postby NorthStar » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:13 am

It looks like really open hardwoods but the picture also looks like its taken looking downhill. Is it thick and nasty behind you or open there as well?
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:35 am

Yes a bed with the sight advantage
MIsteelworker

Unread postby MIsteelworker » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:55 pm

NorthStar wrote:It looks like really open hardwoods but the picture also looks like its taken looking downhill. Is it thick and nasty behind you or open there as well?

It’s pretty open with all the leaves gone but there’s a lot of young oaks and maples in 3-8ft tall over the whole area making me to believe that it would be pretty thick when the all the leaves are on the trees

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”