New-ish land. First season hunting with the beast tactics

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TennesseeBowHunter

New-ish land. First season hunting with the beast tactics

Unread postby TennesseeBowHunter » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:34 pm

I’m new to hunting bedding areas. I’m the only one who hunts on these farms. I’ve hunted the farm with the icons on it for 2 years now but just got permission for the 2 connecting farms this year about 3 weeks ago. I’ve not scouted due to worrying about blowing out the areas and all the ah fields being corn so can’t view from a distance. It’s either get within 10 yards or you can see the edges. The farm I did hunt last year, I hunted 4-5 times and seen a few small bucks and had two 2 1/2 year olds on camera that made it last year. I didn’t put camera up till late in the year (late November) and had a lot of daylight pics of the bucks and almost positive I soft bumped one of the 2 1/2 year olds out of his bed where the deer icon is. Didn’t hunt after that last year and have a few pics of one of those deer near that icon on camera this year leaving the woods right at dark. I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can about farm land buck bedding and have the dvd Dan made in the mail headed my way. Just curious what some of you guys think about where a buck may bed and places I should focus on observing once corn is harvested in next few weeks. Thanks for any help and I'm excited to put these new tactics into play this year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”