Where are these deer bedding?

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ScottieG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/scott.griffin.56

Where are these deer bedding?

Unread postby ScottieG » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:02 am

I’ve been leasing this farm for 4 years. I have killed a couple of 130 class deer (with a rifle at 100+ yards), but it has been entirely random and entirely based on luck. I’m still happy with my past success, but I want to hone in on this property to become a consistent killer of mature whitetails. I feel like I have a good idea of where the deer bed and their travel routes. However, I would like to hear what you all think and what your approach would be to access certain areas of the farm. Please note that this farm is land locked with a gravel roadway which contains an easement from the main road at the North end of the property. All of the adjoining properties are private, whose owners hunt, and I do not have permission to hunt there or use those properties for access. I can only access the property through the easement by car.

Disclaimer: Property lines drawn by hand. Please excuse my inability to keep them straight.

[img]
B1B6915E-0744-4268-B707-9ED65F25423D.jpeg
[/img]

[img]
B7A5632E-5693-49E3-B1D8-A4D83DF4338A.jpeg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PApublic1187
500 Club

Re: Where are these deer bedding?

Unread postby PApublic1187 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:10 am

Depending on what pressure is like on that private on the south end, and you’re sure they’re bedding on your piece. Possibly those points down the south corner could be good (now that’s if it has the right characteristics for a good bed) I can’t tell too much from the Onx picture

And honestly pressure on that south private could be helping you if throes south points on your side have good bedding characteristics
Nothing beats some tree therapy. Deer sightings or not
Jdw
500 Club

Re: Where are these deer bedding?

Unread postby Jdw » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:56 pm

If it’s thick enough I would think between the property and the main road at the top and right of your picture would be a place where a buck could bed and stand a chance of making it to an older age.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”