Any Tips appreciated!

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

CU_Tigers13
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jeremee.black

Any Tips appreciated!

Unread postby CU_Tigers13 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:35 am

So I just got back into hunting 3 years ago. Been learning a lot from Dan and other youtube guys like hunting public, etc... I have been getting pics of a nice buck for the last two years but haven't had any luck pinning him down. I am currently hunting private, about 105 acres. In the pic below is the piece I am hunting. The black line is the property line and I don't have permission to hunt beyond that and likely never will. Based on the information provided in the pic, when, where and how would give me the best opportunity for this deer? Some background on the deer. Have only gotten pics while dark, closet to daylight would be 7:57 PM coming up from bottom and 5:55 am going down to bottom.

The problem I'm having is that I have seen so much sign as you can tell from the red dots (SCRAPES) that I'm not sure what to do at this point to hunt this deer. I have scouted most of these 105 acres and don't find very many beds other than doe bedding. I'm assuming he beds on the other side of the bottom off of our property. Maybe in one of the fingers left from a clear cut a few years back? Any and all help or information is much appreciated!

One more thing. I don't get many buck pics during summer so I'm assuming they use our property to find does.

Key for the image.

Solid black line: Property line

Red dots: SCRAPES
Green Lines: Deer trails

Orange line: Old 4wheeler trials

Red Arrows: Slope of property

Blue dots: Natural Spring

Purple dot: Buck sighting 7:57PM last year
Purple dot: 9:55 PM This year
Purple arrow: Direction of travel

Pink dot:1:05AM This year
Pink arrow: direction of travel

Light Blue dot: 5:55 am This year and last year
Light blue arrow. Direction of travel.

Solid purple arrow: General wind direction.

Yellow dot: 11:34PM This year
Yellow arrow: Direction of travel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”