Stand location help

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Lokkenadam
Facebook: Adam lokken

Stand location help

Unread postby Lokkenadam » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:50 am

I am in need of some scouting help, I used to hunt flat land where all we did was push deer. Now I went to sitting all day and added hills into the equation. Any help is much appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KRONIIK
500 Club

Re: Stand location help

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:37 am

Lokkenadam wrote:I am in need of some scouting help, I used to hunt flat land where all we did was push deer. Now I went to sitting all day and added hills into the equation. Any help is much appreciated

I assume the dark blue dashed line is waterways?
What is the light blue dashed line?

What State or at least general region of the Country?
Lokkenadam
Facebook: Adam lokken

Unread postby Lokkenadam » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:34 pm

The light blue is just a track I did. I am in western Wisconsin. Pierce county
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:22 am

Sorry to have forgotten to subscribe and follow up on this post.
Did you get a chance to hunt it and/or learn anything interesting?
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:44 am

I know I am late to the party here but I hunt spots just like this and have some experience with this exact setup. In this situation, I am looking for a North wind, Northeast would be best. I am looking for where deer are cheating to get accross that ravine or washout. I put a red line in there as a potential path a buck would take to cross that washout but this is all assuming that I have sign telling me that a buck is bedded on that point just east to the ravine. I am looking to cut tracks on that field edge to the north or any fresh scrapes or rubs. Just be careful on the entrance route to make sure your scent isn't blowing over that point. The yellow star is approximately where I would be looking to set up if hot sign is telling me that a buck is using that point to bed on. In a perfect scenario, you have shots at the ravine crossing trail and at the field edge! Seems like a pretty good rut funnel if you ask me!

aerial_help.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:27 am

NorthStar wrote:I know I am late to the party here but I hunt spots just like this and have some experience with this exact setup. In this situation, I am looking for a North wind, Northeast would be best. I am looking for where deer are cheating to get accross that ravine or washout. I put a red line in there as a potential path a buck would take to cross that washout but this is all assuming that I have sign telling me that a buck is bedded on that point just east to the ravine. I am looking to cut tracks on that field edge to the north or any fresh scrapes or rubs. Just be careful on the entrance route to make sure your scent isn't blowing over that point. The yellow star is approximately where I would be looking to set up if hot sign is telling me that a buck is using that point to bed on. In a perfect scenario, you have shots at the ravine crossing trail and at the field edge! Seems like a pretty good rut funnel if you ask me!

aerial_help.PNG

You picked the same spot I would gravitate towards. The whole property looks pretty sweet.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”