Advice on this piece of land

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

yellcohunter

Advice on this piece of land

Unread postby yellcohunter » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:15 am

Hey all, I am curious as to y'all's opinions on this piece of public land. Please know that, in my area, there are roads to almost everywhere you could possibly go. The roads you can see in frame are very light trails that you would only drive down during the off season when scouting and no one bow hunts in my area as it is so I will have it to myself the next couple of days.
In circle 1, that is a nice little hardwood flat that had some trails moving through it during my summer scouting. Binos showed some bundles of acorns in early September but not many. I have not been back out to check for fear of disturbing the deer for no reason before a hunt.

Circle 2 is an area where I found evidence of some doe bedding as there was scat and several trails leading into some very thick creek bottom style bottoms.

Circles 3 and 4 are two areas that funnel down off of those points into that watershed. I have not laid eyes on them yet and plan to troll around that watershed with a boat and go in from somewhere on the bank to avoid blowing the place out by walking in through the woods. What do y'all all think of these options? What looks best to you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”