Newton Farm

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NewtonFarm

Newton Farm

Unread postby NewtonFarm » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:57 am

Hey everyone,

Newbie here and to hunting. We purchased this property at the end of summer and just got a habitat plan for it. Found this site though and would love some more experienced eyes on it and any recommendations y’all have for hunting it now and any recommendations you’d have to maximize the hunting long term.
The property is outlined in green. There used to be a dog hunting club using the property in the past but that isn’t going to be continued. Not sure what other access they have to this area and to my knowledge the surrounding properties aren’t managed for wildlife currently but I’m still looking into that.
Open to all ideas and thanks for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rhaggs1616

Re: Newton Farm

Unread postby rhaggs1616 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:16 am

I would log it if theres timber value, maybe some clear cuts where there timber isnt worth anything or hinge cut it.
NorthStar
500 Club

Re: Newton Farm

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:06 am

I really like the idea of clear cutting. That would give deer a reason to stay on your property once that clear cut reaches 2-5 years old. Make sure to walk all the 2/3 elevation and check all those ridge points for bedding. I am assuming there are oaks out there so make sure you know where those are on the property. I really like creek bottoms. Looks like you might have a couple small oxbow points to check out but I would be looking for deer crossing spots to set up on. Looks like a fun little property there!
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”