2020 Foss & Bolssen Bear Season

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mike Foss
500 Club

Re: 2020 Foss & Bolssen Bear Season

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:48 am

Once again the time stamp is wrong but this was one of Brians target bears...he is one smart bear, maybe next year.

https://youtu.be/hw3NbF9EURg https://youtu.be/hL4zE71sxho

Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:03 am

The Cuddelink camera captured a photo just after the bear was shot and running away. Included is the recovery video.

Image https://youtu.be/LzaEhDMMaEc
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:01 pm

Her name is "Patch" for obvious reasons, she is a old sow but not old enough to not have cubs, last year she had 3 cubs, not one survived that Fall. Patch has a long history with me, at 400lbs or better she is super smart and has eluded many hunters, years ago I did have one on my hunters wound her with archery and was very happy and surprised to see her again two years later. Sorry for the grainy video my IR is failing on my camera.

https://youtu.be/Cm-aeZRFxZU https://youtu.be/Ucxc1I_1oy8
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:23 am

Last week Brian and I prepped some stands for next year just incase I draw a bear tag. Be safe you Beasters and good luck hunting. :dance:

https://youtu.be/jK2ZvB50qJk
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:07 pm

Not exactly what I want at my Mock deer Scrape...they are still visiting near where the bear bait was. GO TO BED BEARS :lol:

Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:50 am

Ventured up north to my plot (where Brian shot his bear last September) to cut the clover and the bears are still gobbling up the fresh clover and wondering why there’s no goodies there. First year in over 20 years I am not baiting bears :shock:
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:12 am

Mike Foss wrote:Ventured up north to my plot (where Brian shot his bear last September) to cut the clover and the bears are still gobbling up the fresh clover and wondering why there’s no goodies there. First year in over 20 years I am not baiting bears :shock:

Wow! Your not baiting ANYWHERE in Wisconsin this year??

Are you going to bait in MN or are you going through an outfitter?!
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:47 am

For those that need to know... no friends or family members drew tags this year, so I’m not baiting, called the local warden because I wanted to bait just for pictures etc but I cannot unless I have a tag or I bait for someone who does. I sure do miss this time of year, I have been going up almost every weekend though putting in more food plots, visiting my 86 yr old mother and grandkids.
Bearman13
Facebook: Fall River Outfitters LLC

Unread postby Bearman13 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:45 pm

john1984 wrote:
Mike Foss wrote:Ventured up north to my plot (where Brian shot his bear last September) to cut the clover and the bears are still gobbling up the fresh clover and wondering why there’s no goodies there. First year in over 20 years I am not baiting bears :shock:

Wow! Your not baiting ANYWHERE in Wisconsin this year??

Are you going to bait in MN or are you going through an outfitter?!

Bears love clover.
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:26 pm

Frequent nighttime dreams of bear hunts are starting to fill my mind as the season nears, I received my supplies of Bear Scents LLC a few weeks ago and have purchased Premo bait. Soon I will put my skills to the test along with others from here on the Hunting Beast, Brian will accompany me on this hunt and it will be great to see others I haven't seen in a long time, the comradery is what is best, but its been a huge struggle lately for me, only two months ago my diabetes really caught up with me (totally my fault), I was in a dark place, but with the help of a newly acquired hunting Fat Tire bike and exercise I have rebounded, my glucose levels have been on an average of 110, (compared to almost 300) my eating habits have greatly improved, my energy level has skyrocketed and I've lost 10 pounds so far. Physically & Mentally I am slowly preparing myself for this hunt, some might find it interesting but in all the years of my bear hunting addiction which I have always catered to others, I personally have only harvested one bear in my lifetime, yes 1 bear and that was a Minnesota bear (archery 305lbs) back in 2006. I am more than ready to once again smell the sweetness of the bait buckets, the aroma of the scents, and feel that adrenaline rush of bear updates as the season nears.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:07 am

Good luck Mike. Very nice to see you hunting for yourself for a change. You helped so many make great memories over the years and now it’s your turn. 8-)
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:51 am

Dewey wrote:Good luck Mike. Very nice to see you hunting for yourself for a change. You helped so many make great memories over the years and now it’s your turn. 8-)

And that's what it was all about...... my wife always said "you never make any money" I told her you would never understand. I'm getting excited!

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”