My first bear of the year

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mike Foss
500 Club

Re: My first bear of the year

Unread postby Mike Foss » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am

Cool Videos.... Hard earned bear, congrats

Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Re: My first bear of the year

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks for the comments. It's a lot of work to create a video series like this and I appreciate the kind words, sometimes I think it would be easier to just hunt and leave the darn camera home, but this VLOG thing does get some traction and I enjoy sharing the ups and downs with other hunters.

So about the bear and packout. I was able to drive a 4-wheeler within 200 yards of the bear, in fact you can hear Virgil coming up the mountain in the one video. Wyoming does not require you to keep the meat, but I do like bear meat and this was a good one so we brought some out with us but not all. Getting an entire bear back to Minnesota in a 2-day drive would be difficult and we were hoping to get more than one of course.

The weather at that altitude was really amazing. It got below freezing every night and was 80-85 in the day. Bright sunshine every single day of the 16 days. As soon as the sun went down the temperature would plummet, and in the mornings as the sun got above the mountains the temp would go up by about 10-15 degrees an hour. Crazy. But I loved it.

Thanks for following along I do appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”