Bear pics 2021

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

john1984

Re: Bear pics 2021

Unread postby john1984 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Mike Foss wrote:
john1984 wrote:
Mike Foss wrote:
john1984 wrote:
Mike Foss wrote:Its kind of like being an undercover officer, gotta watch what ya say and what ya do cause before you know it, the gig is up and your cover is blown! ;) You have a bear come in your not going to shoot take your phone out and video it and post it on here or at least take a couple of pictures while your on stand. Good luck

I'm starting to think even if my bungee cords were not there the bear still would have freaked out anyways cuz of my climbing sticks on the tree.

Did you get a bear?

Not yet.
. What’s the report, you surely have put some effort into this year’s bear hunt.

I invested alot of money in bait and gasoline this year no doubt. Thank God for stimulus checks :lol: My goal was to kill a Monroe county bear on public. Don't look like it's gonna happen. I dropped 2 of my 3 bait sites cuz there were no shooters on em.

My best spot had 2 bears coming in 10 to 30 min after sunset in early Sept.

Had the medium size bear right underneath me a month ago, but he saw my sticks and bungees and ran off. The big one (M&M) NEVER came back after my first hunt. I know he was close that night because I heard something take off as I was packing up my gear. I just don't feel comfortable shooting my bow 19 or 20 min after sunset.

The medium size bear started coming back in 3 weeks ago , after sunset but within legal time frames.

I only put 3 hunts in total. On the 3rd hunt I had wolves howling on each side of me very close. At sunset the wolves were fighting or playing with each other right behind me, I couldn't see them because I had no view behind me. I heard something walking in the water behind me, but nothing came to the bait that night.

Then my bait went dead. Tomorrow is my last chance. I'll go check the cam,. But if I'm not getting pics inside legal shooting time, I'm not gonna bother hunting.

I probably should drive alittle more north but I like the public close to home. I never had one picture of a dog or other people the whole entire baiting season.

Lucky for me hunting in zone C I'll probably get another tag in 2 or 3 years.

Ol Split ( ) Toes
500 Club

Re: Bear pics 2021

Unread postby Ol Split ( ) Toes » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:10 pm

I'd be sitting no matter what if it's the last day, just because your camera doesn't reveal day time activity doesn't mean a bear isn't there before dark. I've seen quite a few bears over the years that could have been shot that never committed to the bait, where a trail camera never got a picture.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”