Access problems in Arrowhead region of MN

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

eidsvolling2

Access problems in Arrowhead region of MN

Unread postby eidsvolling2 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:42 am

Earlier this year a number of roads and trails in the Arrowhead region of Minnesota were closed because of weather-related damage from abnormally high runoff and fallen trees.

This is still an issue. I've seen reports as recently as this one yesterday from the DNR:

"CO Kylan Hill (Tofte) reports a relatively slower week in the county. Time was spent on ATV and a number of roads still have washed out culverts. Attention bear hunters: Some of the busier bear-hunting areas are hard to access due to the roads. Have a backup plan for hunting and camping. Canoe activity was monitored with no violations.

"CO Don Murray (Two Harbors) worked ATV and angling activity during the week. Some area ATV trails are still closed due to washouts, so please check for trail closures before heading out on a ride. Bear-related complaints are decreasing as berry crops ripen, giving bears a good food supply."

CO Reports – District 6 - Two Harbors area

Bearman13
Facebook: Fall River Outfitters LLC

Re: Access problems in Arrowhead region of MN

Unread postby Bearman13 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:47 pm

Yup, I live here. It’s more roads and trails then that. Doesn’t even mention the extreme blowdown blocking roads either.
Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Re: Access problems in Arrowhead region of MN

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:39 am

Just spent the last two days clearing trails to my bear baits. Got nine of them done and went through quite a bit of chainsaw gas. A few more to go next week, there are a lot of blowdowns.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”