Thoughts?

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Redeye

Thoughts?

Unread postby Redeye » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:23 pm

I know it’s early yet but this one kinda has me puzzled. I am baiting for a buddy of mine in Minnesota. We baited 3 baits Saturday before noon. I checked baits yesterday afternoon for the first time. None of them were hit. I did pull the cards just to make sure the cams were working. Well to my surprise there was a bear on camera at the bait that I would consider the “best” bait we baited about 10:00am. And at 4:20 the same day we have pics of nice bear. He walks in, leaves, then comes back a few minutes later. Only 4 pictures of him. Never touched the barrel or the logs stuffed in the hole. And hasn’t been back since.
He was obviously close to find the bait so quickly. Just not sure why he wouldn’t touch the bait or come back at all. Only thing I was thinking is that he was there so quickly and there was just so much human scent left at the site he didn’t like it?
Any other thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mnbearbaiter

Re: Thoughts?

Unread postby Mnbearbaiter » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:08 am

I'd say your assumption is accurate? We had same thing on one bait and that bait finally was hit yesterday. Dunno of it was same bear we had 2 pics of day we baited tho???
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:44 am

He’s casing the place out and sounds like he will be back. I’ve had bears do that. Good luck
Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:25 am

Just not hungry. He'll be back but the bears have plenty to eat without the baits this year.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”