Mount pricing

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Elite
500 Club

Mount pricing

Unread postby Elite » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:38 am

I’ve never killed or had a bear mounted so I’m naive to the average price for mounting a bear this style, or similar to it. I don’t want a rug mount as my wife is waiting on her bear rug from last year. I’m also located in Sawyer Co WI and need taxidermist referrals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Foss
500 Club

Re: Mount pricing

Unread postby Mike Foss » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:19 am

I had my bear mounted similar to the picture you posted, at that time it was cheaper that a rug… have no idea what the cost would be now.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:04 am

I had this half mount done back in 2006 for right around $1000 at Sportsman's Dreams Taxidermy in Hayward. Not sure if Jeremy is still in business or not. Over 15 years later it still looks perfect.

My last bear in 2015 I had a rug made. This one was done by my local taxidermist who does all my deer. Think I paid around $700.

I would imagine prices increased a lot since then.

Lot’s of good options. I would recommend visiting a taxidermist well before your hunt. Not only to get mount ideas but they will also provide valuable info for caring for your bear before mounting. Plenty of bear skins ruined before they even make it to the taxidermist. Warm weather can be a real issue very quickly.
Buck11pt24

Unread postby Buck11pt24 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:10 am

I'm not really sure what I'm paying for my son and my half body mounts. I think it depends on the size of the bear. But I'm not 100% sure. I know in 2020 my daughter's full size 160 pound boar on a base was $2200. I thought that was extremely cheap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elite
500 Club

Unread postby Elite » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:49 am

Dewey wrote:I had this half mount done back in 2006 for right around $1000 at Sportsman's Dreams Taxidermy in Hayward. Not sure if Jeremy is still in business or not. Over 15 years later it still looks perfect.

My last bear in 2015 I had a rug made. This one was done by my local taxidermist who does all my deer. Think I paid around $700.

Lot’s of good options. I would recommend visiting a taxidermist well before your hunt. Not only to get mount ideas but they will also provide valuable info for caring for your bear before mounting. Plenty of bear skins ruined before they even make it to the taxidermist. Warm weather can be a real issue very quickly.

Was he located right in town on 63?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:53 am

Elite wrote:
Dewey wrote:I had this half mount done back in 2006 for right around $1000 at Sportsman's Dreams Taxidermy in Hayward. Not sure if Jeremy is still in business or not. Over 15 years later it still looks perfect.

Was he located right in town on 63?

Pretty sure it was on 27. Did a quick search and don’t see anything current. Guessing no longer in business. I see there are a few others in the area I don’t recall before. Been a long time since I’ve been up to Hayward.
CBM

Unread postby CBM » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:23 am

A lot will depend on the size of the bear. Like everything else, the cost of the forms has skyrocketed. I have 3 shoulder mounts, 2 full body mounts, and a rug. The shoulder mounts were around $500. The rug cost is figured by the square. Mine was over 200 pounds and cost $800. Good luck.

Over 500 pounds = $2,800.
thumbnail_IMG_9641 (Small).jpg

Over 300 pounds = $1,600.
DSC00278 (Small).JPG
”It is not necessary for eagles to be crows.”
Noreast10pt
500 Club

Unread postby Noreast10pt » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:51 pm

I got this bear probably 10 years ago now but back then it was $900 for the full body mount and another $100 for the decorated base. I was considering a rug but that was priced by the foot and I think it would've been $1100-1200 for this size bear.

20220901_194629.jpg
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:42 am

Those mounts are awesome guys!
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:33 pm

Image. If it’s the same Jeremy your talking about he has been out of business for years now.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”