Face Mask?

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigBrutus11

Face Mask?

Unread postby BigBrutus11 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:06 am

I'm in need of a new face mask. Wondering what everyone's take on the masks they use, what they like / what they don't like. What brands, full face mask, 3/4 mask, cost, and so on.

jmaas07
500 Club

Re: Face Mask?

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:16 am

Camo N95 :lol:
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sat May 02, 2020 10:36 am

BigBrutus11 wrote:I'm in need of a new face mask. Wondering what everyone's take on the masks they use, what they like / what they don't like. What brands, full face mask, 3/4 mask, cost, and so on.

Do you wear glasses?

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat May 02, 2020 10:56 am

A cheap primos or hunter specialities head net with the nose piece on it work great. Lately I’ve been wearing the face mask that came with my ASAT leafy suit for turkey’s. I have a friend that ties a bandanna around his face and kills turkeys. The kind that aren’t camo.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat May 02, 2020 11:05 am

I like the Predator Poly headnet. But I don’t turkey hunt.

http://shop.predatorcamo.com/poly-headnet/
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Sat May 02, 2020 12:29 pm

For turkeys I prefer a mesh headnet. Just enough to keep the skeeters out and not super warm either.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat May 02, 2020 12:41 pm

Simpzenith (Shane Simpson) is a face paint guy. Dude’s a turkey’s worst nightmare. :D
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat May 02, 2020 11:25 pm

Bow hunting birds I have an under armour skin tight one. Gun hunting (more walking and over heating) I have a cheap mesh one because my glasses fog up easy.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
BigBrutus11

Unread postby BigBrutus11 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:57 pm

As far as glasses some times I wear them, some times I don't. The last time I bought a mask ( long time,) I didn't need glasses. They're mainly prescription readers, but the older I get the more I need them. As far as fogging, since this covid crap and wearing masks at work, I found if you move your glasses down the bridge of your nose farther it will prevent fogging, but the drawback is your tipping your head back to read everything. I'd rather use a mask than face paint, easier to put on and take off. I like the looks of the ones that Dave Owens of the Pinhoti Project uses. It looks to be a 3/4 draw string, heavier mesh type Mossy oak don't know what model though
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sun May 03, 2020 12:40 am

BigBrutus11 wrote:As far as glasses some times I wear them, some times I don't. The last time I bought a mask ( long time,) I didn't need glasses. They're mainly prescription readers, but the older I get the more I need them. As far as fogging, since this covid crap and wearing masks at work, I found if you move your glasses down the bridge of your nose farther it will prevent fogging, but the drawback is your tipping your head back to read everything. I'd rather use a mask than face paint, easier to put on and take off. I like the looks of the ones that Dave Owens of the Pinhoti Project uses. It looks to be a 3/4 draw string, heavier mesh type Mossy oak don't know what model though

I wear glasses full time and don’t wear face paint either and I always have a problem with the lenses fogging in colder weather. I have yet to find the perfect face mask for the tail end of the archery season.

I don’t hunt turkeys much but when I do I go with a light mesh one.

I just ordered the Sitka mask to try as it has a nose vent so maybe that will help.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon May 04, 2020 9:06 am

I have a cheap full mesh mask from walmart. Works good but foga up glasses bad and kinda a pain to keep taking it off and on. I will get a 3/4 for next year and i dont wear my glasses anymore when i hunt.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”