Zone 2 Public Land

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MT2MI

Zone 2 Public Land

Unread postby MT2MI » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:24 am

Hello Everyone,
Michigan hunter here and relatively new to the site. In Michigan our spring turkey bag is one bird. I was lucky enough to harvest a tom earlier this week. The fire is still burning hot in me and I am super excited to continue my spring hunts in Wisconsin. I was able to secure two authorizations for the 5th season in Zone 2. I contacted some biologists and one of the forum members and have narrowed down my focus to Kettle Moraine SF Southern Unit. I've done a ton of "virtual scouting". But, this will be my first out of state turkey hunt and it is a bit daunting to think about going to an area I have never been before and having success. I'll have 3 days to hunt and if anyone has any advice or assistance for that area/time I sure would appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance and either way I'll report back on my trip.

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Zone 2 Public Land

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:22 am

I don't hunt in the same spot, but there are a lot of birds and a lot of hunters. There are always some mature birds every spring, so not all of them get smoked every year. Should be able to find some action, just tough to say when you'll find one who's itching to get shot in the face. :D
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”