Blessed Morning!

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wrangler95

Blessed Morning!

Unread postby Wrangler95 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:25 am

This was a wild morning,starting yesterday morning.Got on a roosted gobbler yesterday morning,he was gobbling in the pitch dark and I moved into a perfect setup on him.When it started to get light enough for a turkey to hit the ground,I gave him the flapping wings deal and he went beserk.He was falling for it completely but he didnt follow my script.He was gobbling ever breath,I thought the was gonna be a piece of cake but he wouldnt fly down from the roost,he wanted her to come to him.Well,it was good daylight by now and he let out a gobble and I knew he was on the ground and that is when the hen started yelping.I was afraid that would happen as much as he gobbled.Of course,she she took him away from me which I thought she would!Got to same place this morning and he didnt gobble so I went back the Log road to a high point to listen and heard him gobble across a hay field in the woods.I hurried across the hayfield and got in the woods,he was already on the ground.I got fairly close to him without being seen and I sent him a few lite yelps and he was really gobbling but would not budge one bit.I was afraid that a hen would go to him as much as he was gobbling and all at once he went silent and I figured a hen showed up.I sat for probably 30 minutes but no more gobbles,I figured they had left but then he gobbled so I thought I might still be in the game.I finally saw a hen coming up the hill and she crossed over the ridge and I finally saw him in full strut coming up the hill but he wasnt in range.He went behind a tree and I pushed the safety off and that dang hen that I thought had left,hadnt.She saw me move and started putting and she flew off and I saw the gobbler turn around to go over the hill but he was still there,I could see part of his fan.Finally he went out of sight and I figured the hunt was over but I heard him drumming so I was still in the game.I listened to him drumming for probably 30 minutes but he finnaly he quit drumming.I had set so long I just had to get up but I raised up on my knee and we saw each other the same time.He gave me a second to shoot him and it was finally over,he was dead!It was a hunt Ill never forget!I had sat 3 hours under the same tree and it is a hunt I will never forget!Thank You Lord for a great morning!Almost forgot,it weighed 25 lbs,1 inch spurs and 3 beards,one 10 inch long,one 4.5 inches and one 7.5 inches long!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Blessed Morning!

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:19 am

Nice! :clap:

I had a bunch of crazy encounters like that last weekend but they didn't end as well as yours! :lol:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:27 am

Congrats :clap:
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:31 am

Congrats! Awesome hunt!
Jackson Marsh