Empty chair

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Empty chair

Unread postby dan » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:17 pm

I have always loved the chase. Run and gun style turkeys. I know a blind on a property in the right spot works better, but if I am out here for enjoyment rather than just to kill, I might as well do what I like. Right? Yesterday was my 1st day of turkey hunting and I decided to hunt a blind at Daves farm. His blind, his spot, with him. There is a seemingly empty chair beside me, but trust me, its occupied as sure as the one Im sitting in. Dave used to urge me to come sit with him in the blind and Film his hunt with him. I would usually cave and hunt the 1st day with him but I was always itching to got out chasing Toms on the public and would not last long. Our last hunt together was in this very spot. I still remember him telling me wirh a gleam in his eye about the giant Outlaw turkey he called trashbag... I got out of the blind yesterday mid morning to chase turkeys on the public. But it was a lonely hunt and I never quite got into it like I thought I would... after a couple unsuccessful chases, I found myself back in the blind with Dave reliving the past. And well, here I am again this morning waiting for distant gobbles talking to an empty chair. Its starting to get light in the Eastern sky and I smile as I think my boss is looking around about now saying "Anybody seen Dan this morning?" Well, how about that? Just heard a gobble! There are some turkeys in this forgotten place...

Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Re: Empty chair

Unread postby Tim H » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:19 am

Good luck hunting those turkeys Danny!
Huntress13
500 Club

Re: Empty chair

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:52 am

:romance-heart:
Twigs in my hair, don't care.