2021 WY ELK DIY Unit Recommendations

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
Trailcamaddict
500 Club

2021 WY ELK DIY Unit Recommendations

Unread postby Trailcamaddict » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:07 am

Hello Guys,

I have been purchasing WY PP's for two years and want to apply for the 2021 Elk Season. I'm not necessarily looking for a trophy size animal, just looking for a legal bull. The WY system seems very complicated and then throw in Wilderness areas and it seems like a DIY non-res hunt is really discouraged. I intend to do a DIY archery hunt but am not sure of what units would be most suitable for this adventure. I was hoping some of you may have some experiences and units that you wouldn't mind sharing (Via PM if necessary).

Remember to take your kids!
JakeB
500 Club

Re: 2021 WY ELK DIY Unit Recommendations

Unread postby JakeB » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:56 pm

It might be worthwhile to get a subscription to go hunt, kinda pricey but your gonna spend a whole lot more on your elk hunt. Use one of the coupon codes if you do for $50 in their gear shop.

I’ve got 4 points in WY, really haven’t decided what I’m gonna do with them yet. So many places to hunt and so little vacation.

Never been but from what I gather the WY general tag is pretty hard to beat. And really good if your not scared of grizzly bears :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”