Corner Crossing in Wyoming

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jteulker
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/josh.teulker/p ... 02133&sour

Corner Crossing in Wyoming

Unread postby jteulker » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:14 am

Has anyone else been following this case. Very interesting and seems a little petty to me on the landowner's end.

Here is the link to the 3rd of 3 arcticles.

https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/public-lands-and-waters/wyoming-corner-crossing-case-deepens-with-new-charges-and-civil-lawsuit

Jrdeerhuntr

Re: Corner Crossing in Wyoming

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:38 am

I have been following it and Randy Newberg did 2 long videos on corner crossing. It appears the issue has been moved to Federal court.

https://wyofile.com/judge-transfers-cor ... %EF%BF%BC/
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:01 am

This statement by the Plaintiffs attorney is why most attorneys are snakes, “ Plaintiff [Iron Bar Holdings] has a right to exclusive control, use, and enjoyment of its Property, whichincludes the airspace at the corner, above the Property,”

Come on man, we’re including airspace now??? How high does said airspace go? Are airplanes flying over the property violating this dudes property rights?

People are ridiculous, really are. You own private property that’s awesome, enjoy it to the fullest it’s yours. But dang, leave the public guys hunting on public that adjoins your property alone. Selfish selfish selfish entitled people nowadays.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:09 am

The court will rule in favor of the private landowner. The system perpetuates itself. I have no doubts about the outcome.
Jrdeerhuntr

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:23 am

seazofcheeze wrote:The court will rule in favor of the private landowner. The system perpetuates itself. I have no doubts about the outcome.

I think the chances are better at the federal level then they would have been at the state level.
hcooper84

Unread postby hcooper84 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:27 am

It’s pretty aggravating that the landlocked public is paid for with ALL of our tax money but the private landowner is the only one able to use it. Lot of states have a right to access law, would be nice if they made that law nationwide
Drich

Unread postby Drich » Mon May 02, 2022 6:11 am

szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Mon May 02, 2022 10:07 am

Prosecutor said, “it’s not necessary for someone to step on a property to convict” Sooooo, we’re charging people with crimes now they didn’t commit? That’s like charging someone for stealing something they didn’t steal because they picked it up and looked at it in a store if were charging people with trespassing when they never stepped foot on the property.

What a monumental jag off that prosecutor must be as well as anyone else involved in convicting law abiding hunters. Thankfully i live in WI where most people still have common sense outside of Milwaukee and Madison.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue May 03, 2022 5:41 am

I've personally seen landowners post the public land near their homes or put a strand of barb wire across public just to try to keep a public hunting area all to themselves.

Corner crossing though their should be laws guaranteeing access to any landlocked property nationwide. Regardless of what is infront of that piece .

That ranch owner by taking it to court and wasting a entire jury's time over a few steps. Should have to pay everyone of those jurors and judges daily salary.

I hope the ranch owner receives tens of thousands of hate letters from hunters all across America.

Landowners near public change their property lines alot and when the property sells the new owners think the changed line is correct..Even if the countys records show the original line the people moving in just follow what the old line was.

I'd say that most property lines in rural areas across America are off by at least 30 feet from what they were originally marked as at least thats what I've noticed from onyx. Some are exact but most are slightly off. I've seen some really weird shaped property lines while scouting..
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Buc1967
Facebook: John P Herold

Unread postby Buc1967 » Wed May 04, 2022 1:52 am

Nice to the four won the case awesome news
Buc1967
Facebook: John P Herold

Unread postby Buc1967 » Wed May 04, 2022 5:31 am

:D
Buc1967 wrote:Nice job to :D the four won the case awesome news
blackwidow
500 Club

Unread postby blackwidow » Fri May 06, 2022 2:11 am

Big win for everybody. There are millions of acres that just opened up due to this verdict.
DGF

Unread postby DGF » Tue May 10, 2022 4:09 am

It's a good start, but just the beginning. There is still more litigation against some of this same party from 2020 that has to be handled, hopefully with a verdict that supports public access of public lands. I'm not real savvy on the laws or the court systems, but my understanding is that just because these guys won a jury trial locally doesn't set the precedent that it's legal to corner cross if you don't touch the physical private land, it just means that the jury didn't feel they should be convicted for trespass. There is a good Randy Newberg video imbedded in the Wisconsin corner crossing thread posted in this forum that is worth a listen. Randy is a very knowledgeable public land advocate, and tells a bit about where this currently stands.

-Dan
DGF

Unread postby DGF » Thu May 12, 2022 2:01 am

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/05/06 ... o-2-years/

This article has a bit more info regarding where this particular case stands right now.

-Dan
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:51 am

Slight resurrection of this thread.

OnX did a study of this issue that's pretty good.

The Highlights

Using our onX mapping technology, we identified 8.3 million acres of corner-locked lands—more than half of the West’s total landlocked area.

27,120 land-locking corners exist in the West.

No law exists that specifically outlaws corner-crossing, but various attempts to make it either definitively legal or illegal have thus far failed.

Property owners have valid concerns, and any solution to the problem must address landowner needs.

Tools and programs for unlocking public land exist, but a widespread answer will take input and attention from a diverse group of stakeholders with varied interests.

https://www.onxmaps.com/onx-access-init ... ing-report
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”