What do you do with your quiver in the tree?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

szwampdonkey
500 Club

Re: What do you do with your quiver in the tree?

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Fri May 26, 2023 2:06 am

I’m in the leave it on my bow camp as well. Just less monkeying around for me and the arrows are always right there at my finger tips for a follow up shot if needed without having to take my eyes off the deer.

I do however practice year round with the quiver on with 3 arrows in it to mimic how i hunt so there is no variance while hunting.

MitchB

Unread postby MitchB » Fri May 26, 2023 4:36 am

szwampdonkey wrote:I’m in the leave it on my bow camp as well. Just less monkeying around for me and the arrows are always right there at my finger tips for a follow up shot if needed without having to take my eyes off the deer.

I do however practice year round with the quiver on with 3 arrows in it to mimic how i hunt so there is no variance while hunting.

I’m starting to think about just doing this too. Do you have any stabilizers on the bow to offset the weight on the right side?

I don’t want to mess with any of that, but I do feel like my bow naturally pulls to the right a little with the quiver on.
Putt400
500 Club

Unread postby Putt400 » Fri May 26, 2023 3:14 pm

I hang my quiver by a gear strap or use a TightSpot tree stand bracket.
“No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one”...Zig Ziglar
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Sat May 27, 2023 8:31 am

MitchB wrote:
szwampdonkey wrote:I’m in the leave it on my bow camp as well. Just less monkeying around for me and the arrows are always right there at my finger tips for a follow up shot if needed without having to take my eyes off the deer.

I’m starting to think about just doing this too. Do you have any stabilizers on the bow to offset the weight on the right side?

I don’t want to mess with any of that, but I do feel like my bow naturally pulls to the right a little with the quiver on.

No, nothing special just my normal stabilizer. I’ve been doing it a long time though so it’s second nature for me so i don’t notice any pulling to the right or anything. If it does i’ve no doubt that i’ve naturally compensated for it over the years now.

Mostly i just like having my arrows right there as it’s come into play on a few occasions and i was glad i could just reach up and slowly pull another arrow out while staying locked on the deer.
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Sat May 27, 2023 8:31 am

MitchB wrote:

No, nothing special just my normal stabilizer. I’ve been doing it a long time though so it’s second nature for me so i don’t notice any pulling to the right or anything. If it does i’ve no doubt that i’ve naturally compensated for it over the years now.

Mostly i just like having my arrows right there as it’s come into play on a few occasions and i was glad i could just reach up and slowly pull another arrow out while staying locked on the deer.
Brian1986

Unread postby Brian1986 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:21 am

When I began hunting I had the quiver on my bow. Then I started taking it off and hanging it on the tree. I'm back to leaving it on my bow now. Whichever you choose you have to commit to practicing that way. I decided to go back to it on my bow again because my setup doesn't change whether I'm in a tree or in the ground.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:11 am

Groundhunter@1 wrote:For over 20 years of shooting a recurve, I could not imagine not having my quiver on my bow. Several times I had to reload and it was easy.

After going to the compound a good balanced quiver was hard to find. I shot Hoyt but thought the Matthew's system was the best and well balanced.

I always hated having to hang it. But eventually I did. Just used a simple screw in hanger.

Now that I have to use a xbow, I know I am one and done

I have gotten off second shots with the xbow. Once on the second deer after I shot the first, so not because I am just a crappy shot. It can be cocked in front of an audience. My first xbow was such low poundage I could cock it by hand, actually the whopping $500 model I am using now I can also cock without the rope.

But to the OP, there was a product year ago, made by Treelimb Products that made an aftermarket triangle you put on your quiver, then just place it on a screw in hook on the tree. It was designed to snap right on the tree securely, and you could easily pop an arrow out. For states where you are not supposed to screw anything into a tree, I see no reason why you couldn't put the hook on a gear belt and cinch it down.

Then some quiver companies copied the triangle design and integrated it right into the quiver. Not certain what ever happened to this product/trend. I knew the original developer. He used to get mentioned in every write up after the ATA shows back around 2007-2010.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
MNarrow

Unread postby MNarrow » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:21 am

Nite Ize S Biner that I took one of the metal clips off and always keep hooked to my Oplux treestrap. Get up the tree and hang the quiver off the backside of the tree.
Prairie Sasquatch
500 Club

Unread postby Prairie Sasquatch » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:08 am

My quiver never leaves my bow. Watched my buddy sneak up on a mule deer after leaving his quiver with his pack. Missed with his first shot and had to sit and watch it feed closer to him. :lol:
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:31 am

Strap on gear hanger, cant screw into trees on public land in Michigan (that didnt sound right :shock: ). I use the one with multiple hooks so I can hang my bow too. I think its by HME products.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:30 am

MichiganMike wrote:Strap on gear hanger, cant screw into trees on public land in Michigan (that didnt sound right :shock: ). I use the one with multiple hooks so I can hang my bow too. I think its by HME products.

I use the HME strap with hooks too. I’m surprised how strong those plastic hooks are. I was worried they would break but torture testing proved me wrong.
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:24 am

Dewey wrote:
MichiganMike wrote:Strap on gear hanger, cant screw into trees on public land in Michigan (that didnt sound right :shock: ). I use the one with multiple hooks so I can hang my bow too. I think its by HME products.

I use the HME strap with hooks too. I’m surprised how strong those plastic hooks are. I was worried they would break but torture testing proved me wrong.

Yeah it seems to hold up really well, plus very lightweight. Little awkward at times to hang a bow because of the size of hooks, but I make it work. I dont like those fold out bow hangers seems too cumbersome

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”